Information about Student Complaints

If you were unable to resolve a complaint through the institution's grievance procedures, please review the Student Complaint Policy (PDF), print and complete the Student Complaint Form (PDF), and submit the complaint to:

North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaints
c/o Student Complaints
University of North Carolina System Office
910 Raleigh Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27515-2688
Website: North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaints

You may call or email with questions or for more information: (919) 962-4558,

To file a complaint with the Consumer Protection Division of the North Carolina Department of Justice, please visit the State Attorney General’s web page at The NC DOJ also offers a General Consumer Complaint Form online.

For residents within North Carolina, please call 1 (877) 566-7226. For those outside of North Carolina, please call (919) 716-6000.

If you choose to mail a complaint, please use the following address:

Consumer Protection
Attorney General's Office
Mail Service Center 9001
Raleigh, NC 27699-9001

Out-of-state students should also review our State Authorization webpage.