These scholarships are intended for students enrolled in Associate Degree, Diploma, or Certificate programs.
Stanly Community College is pleased to offer institutional scholarships to help cover educational related costs for our students. The amount of each scholarship varies with funding being limited and subject to change. Scholarships are awarded for one (1) academic year and students are required to reapply each year.
Anticipated enrollment for 2024-2025 academic year (July 1 , 2024 - June 30, 2025), a minimum of six (6) credit hours per semester.
Students must be academically progressing if currently enrolled at SCC or considered a new student.
Recipients must meet all the requirements from the Foundation before any funding can be applied to their account. Students who do not meet the requirements will have their scholarship withdrawn.
Submit a “thank you” letter and photo to the Foundation by the due date.
Appear in person to a Foundation scholarship event or have received an excused absence. To receive an excused absence, you must submit your request in writing to the Foundation prior to the event date.
November 1, 2023 - Application opens
April 15, 2024 - Applications due for 1st round of selections by the SCC Scholarship Committee.
June 30, 2024 - Application closes for final round of selections by the SCC Scholarship Committee.
The Golden LEAF Foundation provides scholarships of up to $1,000 during one term for curriculum degree seeking students. The scholarship funds are limited to tuition, books, fees, supplies, credential testing fees for mid-skills training courses, and childcare services and transportation necessary to fulfill student educational requirements. You must be a resident of one of the qualifying eligible counties and be enrolled in or plan to enroll in one of the participating community colleges in North Carolina.
Applicant must complete a 2023-2024 FAFSA and reside in an eligible county.
Priority Deadline: January 3, 2024
To Apply: Golden LEAF Scholarship Application
Return the completed application to the SCC Financial Aid Office. Contact Jada Smith at email@example.com for more information.
The Robert and Jewell Lee Scholarship was established to provide need-based scholarships to residents of Stanly, Anson, Rowan, Cabarrus, Union, Montgomery and Richmond Counties in North Carolina and Chesterfield County in South Carolina, to attend Stanly Community College, South Piedmont Community College or Montgomery Community College.
Must attend or plan to attend Stanly Community College
Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.3 (on a 4.0 scale)
Be legal residents of Stanly, Anson, Rowan, Cabarrus, Union, Montgomery or Richmond Counties in North Carolina or Chesterfield County, South Carolina.
Demonstrated need for financial assistance.
To Apply – applicants must submit the following by the application deadline:
Complete online application at https://www.fftc.org/scholarships
Transcript of high school and/or college coursework and grades
Statement expressing the following: “Describe your educational and career goals and explain what or who has inspired or helped shape these goals. Including financial needs, what are the most significant challenges you expect to face in successfully completing college? How will you overcome these challenges?"
Completed Student Aid Report (SAR) from your completed FAFSA.
The Bridge Scholarship is intended to provide support to individuals in financial need to continue their education in pursuit of a career in a trade or profession that will give them long term job security as well as a living wage. It is designed to bridge the gap between what is routinely available through standard financial aid and the actual costs of pursuing education beyond secondary school. Recipient selection will focus on the individual’s motivation, perseverance and moral character. The scholarship is renewable yearly through the normal duration of the educational program with continued proof of financial need, a GPA of 2.5 or higher, and continuation in the selected program as a student in good standing.
The scholarship will be up to $2000 (or more in exceptional circumstances) based on need to be applied towards the recipient’s post-secondary education expenses and may cover tuition, books, supplies, and other expenses necessary to allow the recipient to attend and excel in classes. At the appropriate time, the scholarship will be distributed directly to the institution or individual where the expense is incurred after appropriate documentation, verifying participation in the approved continuing education program and proof of expenses, are received.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, N.C. resident and a resident of Cabarrus County or City of Kannapolis.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior who has declared a major or a graduate who has been accepted in a post-secondary community college or vocational program that supports training in one of the included full-time programs. (see list)
- Applicant GPA should be at least 2.0
- Applicant must show financial need (FAFSA, EFC).
Eligible Academic Programs for The Bridge Scholarships:
- Heavy Equipment Operations
- HVAC Technology
- Construction Management Technology
- Electrical Systems Technology
Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering
- Biomedical Equipment Technology
- Computer Integrated Machining
- Electronics Engineering Technology
- Industrial Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Drafting Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering Technology
- Nondestructive Examination Technology
- Welding Technologies
- Diesel & Heavy Equipment Technology
- Light Duty Diesel Technology
- Associate Degree Nursing (leading to RN)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Respiratory Therapy
- Completed application.
- 250-word personal statement discussing your educational and vocational goals and how completing them will allow you to make a difference in your community?”
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher (preferably in the area of your further academic studies), employer, or community representative who knows the applicant and can speak to the applicant’s character.
- Possible interview at date and location to be determined.
Second Year Applicants
- Completed Application
- Letter of recommendation from a first-year instructor
- Possible interview at date and location to be determined.
Application deadline: Open until filled
Bridge Scholarship Application
Return the completed application to the Financial Aid Office. Contact Melissa Preslar at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.