Campus Security Authority and Responsibility to Report Criminal Activity Policy Policy
|Board of Trustees||02-20-2014|
|Executive Leadership Team||12-19-2013|
The College maintains a Security Department for security and law enforcement on its campuses. Stanly Community College’s (SCC) Security Department employs sworn law enforcement officers. Sworn officers possess the power of arrest and the authority to enforce all state laws and college regulations on all of SCC’s property and on all roads and highways that run through or adjacent to the campuses. The Security Department enjoys a close working relationship with local law enforcement agencies, including the Albemarle Police Department, Stanly County Sheriff’s Department and the Locust Police Department.
The College will make timely warning reports to members of the campus community regarding the occurrence of criminal offenses as required by 20 United States Code section 1092(f), the “Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act.”
All students, employees, and others on campus have a duty to report incidents or suspected incidents of criminal activity to Campus Security or another college official immediately.
Campus Security Authority and Responsibility to Report Criminal Activity Policy Procedures
|Executive Leadership Team||05-12-2020|
- Campus Security Officers are present on the SCC Albemarle campus from 7:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday or until 15 minutes after the last class has ended, whichever is later, and from 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. on Fridays, not including special events/details. Campus Security Officers are present at the Crutchfield Education Center from 9:00 a.m. until 15 minutes after the last class has ended Monday-Saturday, not including special events/details.
- Campus buildings are locked at the end of each day of the instructional/work week and reopened by 7:30 a.m. at the beginning of each day of the instructional/work week.
- SCC reserves the right to modify hours for locking and unlocking campus buildings to meet the needs of specific circumstances.
- SCC reserves the right to modify the working hours of Campus Security Officers to meet the needs of public safety and security, most notably during states of emergency declared by local, state, or federal authorities or other exigent circumstances as determined by the SCC President.
- The Director of Security will compile the statistics on criminal activity for each campus of SCC as required by law. The Director will regularly report the statistics by October 1 each year to the appropriate federal agencies as required by law and to the President, any Executive Vice President, all Vice Presidents, the Public Information Officer, and the Director of Human Resources.
- The annual statistics on criminal activity for each campus of SCC for the most recent three calendar years will be available for public viewing on the college website, in the Eagle's One Stop (Albemarle), Human Resources Office (Albemarle), Learning Resources Center (Crutchfield), and at the Cosmetology facility and the West Main facility.
- A notice of the availability of these statistics will be published annually on the college website.
- Any college employee to whom criminal activity is reported shall report the activity to the Director of Security.
Revisions: 12/19/2013 (procedures)